Girls and Their Cats
For New York City fashion and beauty photographer BriAnne Wills, the "crazy cat lady" is a myth. Co-written with Elyse Moody, senior editor at Martha Stewart Living, this book redefines the stereotype by showcasing 50 strong, independent, and artistic women who take the world in stride, flanked by their beloved felines. With its vibrant cover and gorgeous faux-suede spine, Girls and Their Cats features striking portraits and engaging profiles of each woman and her cat—or cats—including fun facts unique to each furry friend.
- Hannah Shaw, humane educator, animal advocate, and founder of the neonatal kitten rescue project Kitten Lady
- Alyssa Mastromonaco, author, Crooked Media podcast host, and reproductive rights activist
- Maria Hinojosa, anchor and executive producer of NPR's Latino USA
- Nikki Garcia, owner and designer of the clothing line First Rite
- Erica Chidi Cohen, doula, author, and cofounder of the reproductive health education company Loom
- Anka Lavriv, tattoo artist and co-owner of Black Iris Tattoo
Interspersed throughout are amusing lists any cat lady will find relatable, from "How to Catproof Your Home" to "The Chorus of Cat Sounds," as well as an adoption resource guide and a list of rescue organizations in the United States and Canada.
This irresistible book celebrates the powerful bond between a girl and her cat, proving that we need them just as much as they need us.